Saturday, February 10, 2007

genesis

As if there weren't enough happening in my life already, I have set my sights on entering the blogosphere, quietly, without a thought as to where I'm headed. But that's the fun part, isn't it? The not-knowing of writing? Where will my subconscious take me today? I don't know. But I do know that my conscious and I just returned from Target. We decided to consolidate the 500+ CD's scattered about the house and put them into zip cases so we have more room. Every time we want to listen to something, the search for the CD begins. Invariably, we give up, disgusted with how disorganized we are when it comes to our music, and end up turning on the TV. So....I went to Target to get some cases. On a Saturday afternoon. In NJ where it seems EVERYONE goes shopping on a Saturday afternoon. Normally, that would bother me, but today I had been in the house all day, and it felt good to get out among humanity. I felt like an anthropologist amongst all the shoppers, watching what they were buying, who they were with. It felt good to get back home, as the sun set, knowing that dinner was cooking, and I could spend the evening curled up with a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment