Monday, February 19, 2007

Flikr Flack

Whoa! Anybody been following the Flickr fiasco? I've been away the last four days and just got back this evening. Thought I'd upload some pics from my weekend. Boy was I surprised when I went to my Flickr page and found some *lovely* pr0n images! WTF?!? I was thiiis close to canceling my account when Yahoo took over 'cause I didn't have a good feeling about it. Guess I should have gone with my gut feeling on this one. Turns out that EVERYBODY'S images are screwed up. This has been happening for days, with no replies from Flickr staff. I've been posting some comments on the blog they set up for this, but it just went down ("Flickr is having a massage") about 5 minutes ago. I guess somebody finally listened when half the Flickr users said to take the site down until it's fixed. Duh. How stupid can they BE?

What gets me with this is that Flickr/Yahoo couldn't be bothered with honesty, saying that their servers/migration went kaflooey and that they'd have to take the site down for a bit. C'mon. The world would be a better place if we all 'fessed up when we messed up. Now, instead of a small group of grumpy folks you've got a rightfully angry mob, looking for someone to jab with their pitchforks. Can't say that I blame 'em....

11:00 PM EST update...they're up...they're down...no, wait a minute....sigh.....

No comments:

Post a Comment